From coast to coast, people are preparing for the coming winter months and the rain, snow, mud and slush that they bring. One thing you may not have considered is that, year after year, these elements can have a devastating effect on your concrete surfaces.
- Heavy rains can erode unprotected concrete slabs and ruin the surface
- Repeated freeze-and-thaw cycles can cause concrete to crack
- Cracked walkways become a dangerous tripping hazard when sections lift or sink, creating an uneven surface
- Mud, red clay and piles of soggy, decomposing leaves can stain concrete
- Chemical de-icing products can destroy the surface of a concrete driveway or sidewalk
- Harsh, wet weather can deteriorate the grout in vertical stone walls causing stones to fall out
This concrete driveway probably won’t make it through another winter. The cracks and ravaged surface will have this homeowner agonizing over how to replace the driveway come Spring. After factoring in cost, time, the mess of demolition and a cement truck to pour a new slab, chances are that they’ll ignore the issue for one more year and the problem will just get worse.
If you have a similar problem, Concrete By Design specializes in resurfaced concrete overlays that can restore damaged concrete and make it look like new. Our Polymer Modified Decorative Concrete Overlays are designed to resurface structurally-sound concrete, covering up imperfections, cracks and discoloration. The new surface can be stained, stamped or hand-cut and custom-colored to replicate just about any pattern, including flagstone, cobblestone, tile, wood plank, brick, Roman Texture Slate, sandstone or a simple broom-finish, as pictured below. Stamped and stenciled designs can be incorporated, like a medallion, family crest, team logo or a custom design to make your patio or driveway especially unique.
The benefits of decorative concrete may surprise you. Concrete is extremely durable, but this resurfaced and custom-colored driveway is not only beautiful, it’s tougher than before.
- The rubberized polymer allows the overlay to be flexible, minimizing future cracks
- The overlay cures to compression strength just under 5000 psi for the ultimate in durability; it can handle even heavy vehicle traffic
- The sealed surface resists all kinds of weather: rain, snow, sleet, hail and extreme temperatures
- The surface is stain-resistant and water-resistant
- UV-protected colors will not fade and the finish will not crack, chip or peel
- Decorative concrete costs less and takes much less time and mess than replacing existing concrete
For more information contact Concrete by Design today!